Destin Summer 2017
- Do not drive if you can help it. Traffic is TERRIBLE.
- Don’t go to the outlet mall if it is raining. We spent 45 mins trying to get OUT of the parking lot.
Silver Shells Resort
- St Maarten building http://silvershells.com/
- Beach chairs and stuff are rental only. You cannot bring umbrellas etc. in the private area.
- There is a crowded public beach area next door
- Henderson Beach State Park is next door the other way, beautiful, some services, walking distance. 17000 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Destin, FL 32541
- Sand is REALLY HOT! Bring sand shoes.
- Panini Petes. on 98. Good sandwiches. Now closed.
- The Back Porch – non-fancy family fish shack walking distance from Silver Shells. Nice gift shop. 1740 Scenic Hwy 98, Destin, FL 32541 http:///theback-porch.com/
- Rental place was where we picked up keys. Had some issues with refrigerator, very responsive. fivestargulfrentals.com
- Indian Bayou Golf. Reasonably priced, beautiful course, short easy drive from Silver Shells. 1 Country Club Dr E, Destin, FL 32541 indianbayougolf.com
- Seaside – town an hour away, fun vacation center. Walkable. Food trucks parked in town. Crowded. Hard to park. Meh. Looks like fun to stay there.
- Wednesday, 30 June – Eye, Abbey, Harrods
- Tuesday, 29 June – Nannying, Tower of London, Henry VIII at Globe Theater
San Francisco 2010 (Dave)
- Saturday, XX XX – Pigeon Point Lighthouse
- Sunday – Dinner
- Pigeon Point Lighthouse is nice – down (south) the US 1 hwy – you need to drive a bit but is very scenic. http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=533 Lots of beaches down that way too.If you can do lunch that day, The lobster roll was unbelievable. Down Coast HWY. Polenta fries good too. http://davethec.smugmug.com/2010/San-Francisco-2010/Saturday-Pigeon-Point-2010/11463236_fuQqv#807042638_2FmsR http://www.samschowderhouse.com/North is the golden gate overlook. You might see that on your tour. And Lombard St. (twisty). Ride a cable car.North of that is Point Reyes. You probably wont have time. http://davethec.smugmug.com/2010/San-Francisco-2010/Sunday-Point-Reyes-2010/11463223_iioym#807435730_8rkQW
Sanibel Spring Break (2009)
Sanibel Spring Break (2008)
San Francisco 2008 (Dave @ Java One )
- Scoma’s : http://chwalisz.org/2008/05/05/javaone-2008-monda/ Better go early. Busy.
Edmonton – Jasper – Banff – Summer 2007