Building Git 1.8 on Centos 6

We use Centos as a VM for development. Intellij IDEA was complaining about the 1.7.1 version from the Centos distro, requiring Picky. So I grabbed the git source: $ git clone $ cd git $ make … http-push.c:920: error: ‘xml_cdata’ undeclared (first use in this function) http-push.c:921: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XML_Parse’… Continue reading Building Git 1.8 on Centos 6

OSX – show environment vars of a running process

jenkins$ ps -wwE -p 38654 PID TTY TIME CMD 38654 ?? 67:40.42 /usr/bin/java -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar /Application /Jenkins/jenkins.war SHELL=/bin/bash TMPDIR=/var/folders/5f/qnywwqmx3h5fxnwlcssp2sr00000gn/T/ USER=jenkins __CF _USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0 JENKINS_HOME=/Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin PWD=/ CATALINA_OPTS= SHLVL=0 HOME=/Users/jenkins LOGNAME=jenkins SECURITYSESSIONID=1c2 92 JAVA_ARCH=x Ahhhhhhh.

Ubuntu 12.04 boots to shell after icky update. Discuss.

I started up my Ubuntu 12.04 VM in VMWare Workstation 6. It has been a while, so some update messages popped up. Sure. Afterwards, it rebooted and hung there. I should have left it; I force shutdowned and restarted. Now we are at a shell, where I can login, but nought else. Sigh. Some Googling.… Continue reading Ubuntu 12.04 boots to shell after icky update. Discuss.

Building svn2git from Qt

Trying to convert a SVN repo to Git. The Ruby version works, but does not commit all the files with the correct CRLF chars – seems to ignore the global settings. svn2git –rootistrunk –verbose > x I can reconvert the repo afterwards to fix the endings (see this) but it makes diffing before and… Continue reading Building svn2git from Qt

Thanks 1&1 Ya Dopes for not including Subversion

OK so they warned me. They moved to a new Linux platform, and Subversion stopped working. I used my own instructions to rebuild. No good. Errors. After some Googling I found an article by Nick Sergeant and he basically had the same routine. But he dumped 1&1. I can’t afford to now. So I tried… Continue reading Thanks 1&1 Ya Dopes for not including Subversion