This page documents my hunt for software (preferably cheap) to do things.
- CD, DVD, MP3, HD, USB disk as source
- Records label
- Opt: creates barcode for cataloging.
- Plus: Open Database format. Some use One file db per recorded disk, others use SQL etc.
Home Media Librarian http://sourceforge.net/projects/hml/. PLUS: uses JDBC database. DEAL-KILLER: Limited to music.
SmartCat 4.4 by No-Nonsense Software/. Good enough that I registered it.
- Functional interface.
- Database files (1 per CD/Disk) grouped in easily switchable folder for specific searches
- Export file list via XML, mitigates database issue somewhat.
- Creates optional CRC of file
- Stores DOS disk id.
- One file db per recorded disk.
- GUI has repaint issues, sometimes flaky.
- Proprietary Database
- No MD5 hash
- NO provision for barcode generation or storage
PROS: Fast and free. One file db per recorded disk.
CONS: No hash, iffy interface, proprietary database.
SUmmary: not quite
Smart CD Catalog PRO http://www.smartcdcatalog.com/
PROS: Pretty, nice interface. Good search. Support for numbering, not quite barcodes.
CONS: No hash, proprietary database, no MD5 or CRC.