Staying at the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel in downtown Edmonton. Not as fancy as the Delta but much more reasonably priced.
- Good downtown location
- It’s kind of nice being near Jasper Ave., which has a lot of interesting stores and restaurants. Good to see them — on the Pedway, you see the same old stuff.
- Excellent breakfast buffet (CAD 12.95, cheap compared to others)
- Pumps of shampoo in the shower. Nice way to eliminate a bazillion little plastic bottles from the waste stream.
- Nice pool, hot tub facility with sauna and changing rooms. Towels, water. Good exercise room; used the elliptical and rower. Very complicated weight machines. Would have preferred a free weight set like at the Delta.
- Comfortable bar.
- Scary view to the west. Us out of towners get nervous with burned out buildings across the street.
- Slippery showers with bath mats. Why hotels ever install these things is beyond me.
- Turn the temp on the shower to a good temp. Now switch over the shower. HOT HOT HOT! Does not get cool enough until you are in the last 5 degrees of travel. What a stupid control.
- Ice machine on 7th floor does not work.
- Slippery carpets. Bring your yoga mat — it’s hard to get a good dog going here – plus the view at the Delta is much nicer.
- Location somewhat more inconvenient for us, going to the ING building. The Delta is on the Pedway, and has two good restaurants right there (Elephant & Castle and Lazia).
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel, 10155 105 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1E2